The process below outlines steps to take, from initiating a new proposal to data analysis. The end goal is to get quality papers published!
- Contact: Forward all questions to Integral U19 Support Team for clarification please
- Application: A proposal template can be downloaded from this website
- Getting Approval: Grant committee meet regularly to discuss proposals. Once approved, it'll be forwarded to Integral U19 Support Team for processing
- GWAS Summary Statistics: If a proposal is requesting summary statistics only, we can either prepare a quick download or the PI can elect to apply for data from dbGap website. Please find links on our Publications page
- Data Center Owners' Approval: If additional data is requested, then there could be up to two weeks holding period while we are actively seeking data use approvals from Data Center Owners. They can independently opt out of your study so you cannot use their data.
- ADUCA: Once the opt-out period expires, we will send out a copy of "Associated Data Use Certification Agreement (ADUCA)" for proposal author (PI) to process. Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) will counter sign. Proposal PIs are encouraged to request a copy of this fully execute ADUCA.
- Data Download: Data files are prepared during this process, a Globus.org download end point will be shared - if the receiving party has a valid E-Mail address that is associated with a Globus.org account
- VPN Accounts: Please note that certain data centers would not allow data download. The alternative is for BCM to grant the PI and team members VPN accounts so that researchers alike can login to BCM's HPC for data analysis. If this is a preferred option, please contact Integral U19 Support Team to express your intention. Separate paper work will be processed. Main computational resources at BCM is mostly Linux based, although we do have Windows Server environment in case there's a need
- Publication: Please properly acknowledge this grant, share your publication link with us so it can be added to our Publications page. They are listed in reverse chronological order
- Self-Service: For Proposal PIs and Data Center Owners
- Approved Proposals: Registered users only (from the link above)
- Integral U19 Support Team Administration Interface: Internal use only
- Internal Integral U19 Mailbox: Internal use only
- Official NIH Grant Citation: Grant funding agency information. Note: the primary institution has been changed to Baylor College of Medicine (BCM)
- ILCCO @ IARC, France: Global collaborative effort
- TRICL: GWAS Summary Statistics @ dbGaP. Relevant communications are available